Monday, November 9, 2009

Junior Miss Loudoun County











Wow - Is it Monday already? This weekend went by so quick! My brother had a Water Polo Tournament and I participated in the Junior Miss Loudoun County pageant. I have competed in this pageant before, but never won or even placed. This year all that changed! I won Casual Wear and Overall High Point Queen (they don't double crown at this pageant). I am still in shock! It was even more fun, because my friend Yasmeen was in it, too! She and I met last year at the Virginia state pageant for NaMiss. She was 2008 Cover Girl for Pre-Teen. We have been good friends ever since - especially since not everyone "gets" pageants.
The rest of the weekend was spent inside (boo, since the weather was so great) watching my brother play Water Polo. He is almost 13, but they had to play against Highschool Junior Varsity players. Considering they competed against older, bigger guys - played with a larger ball AND took 3rd place - that is cool! I am very proud of my big brother.
Well, in 12 days my family will be in sunny California for NaMiss Nationals. So much to do before then!!! It is very hard to concentrate on school! But I have to since I have a Science Fair project idea I need to submit next week along with the questions I want answered.
Stay tuned ----
Hugs, Love and Chocolate,
Kailee
PS: Yes, same dress from NaMiss state, and it looks like I have grown. Time to swap out crinolins!

1 comment: