Sunday, November 1, 2009

October Events

























































It's Sunday November 1st and there are only three weeks left until Nationals!! I am so excited! My mom and I are trying to get prepared, but there have been so many other activites - we are barely home! Last night was the coolest! I got to trick or treat at the White House!! I even shook President Obama's hand! We didn't get a photo of that, because they were pushing us through so fast (security reasons)that my dad couldn't position the camera quick enough. I wore my crown and sash and the president commented on it - and then when we told him it was the real deal - he congratulated me! We got to go because my school was one of 11 in the metro area that was selected. I feel very lucky! Besides that I have been working at Ashburn Volunteer Fire and Rescue's haunted house SLASHBURN - it is a special event to raise money. I have been outside (selling concessions), behind the scenes (helping with the make-up and costumes), and even inside as one of the "undead". Earlier in October I also road in the Knights of Columbus Day parade on one of the fire trucks, and worked at the Open House. At the Open House I greeted people and even worked the 9-1-1 training booth showing little kids what to do during an emergency. In the community where I live I was a greeter at Village Fest and got to work the Halloween Party at the recreation center.




That's all for now - more when my mom let's me catch my breath!



Smiles, Love and Laughter,

Kailee

1 comment:

  1. OMG YOU HAD SUCH AN EXCITING DAY! VERY LUCKY TO HAVE MET OUR PRESIDENT!! Love the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete